Below is an example of the QPSMR Companion Edit menu:
The following options are contained in the Companion Edit menu:
- Paste options: Paste special, Paste as variable(s) and Paste combine into one variable
- Also, the Paste before option contains Paste before, Paste special before, Paste as variable(s) before and Paste combine before.
- You can also move items, up, down, to the top or to the bottom
- Convert variables to questions
- You can Select all or Select by criteria
- Text find and replace
- Block update responses
- Applied filters block update
- Replace multi-coded with singe-coded
- Randomise questions
- Group entries
- Hide groups
- Finally, you can add column identifiers to selected entries
Paste special dialog box
Secondly, you can use the paste special dialog box to change entries as they are pasted from the clipboard into the project.
Entry details – Question, Filter and Variable update dialog box
The entry details – Question, Filter and Variable update dialog box enables you to change any criteria of the question. For further information, please see the Companion Insert menu.
Entry rename dialog box
In addition, you can change the name of existing entries in the entry rename dialog box. Companion will also change all references in other entries to any renamed entries.
Responses block update dialog box
The responses block update dialog box enables you to change a number of single-coded and multi-coded questions at the same time, including:
- Dealing with reject and refuse responses
- Adding/removing ranking
- Finally, adding score values and summary rows to variables.
Applied filters block update dialog box
You can also use the applied filters block update dialog box to alter the filters and response restrictors applied to the selected entries.
Randomize questions dialog box
In addition, the randomize questions dialog box is used to add or remove random begin and end program entries.
Group entries dialog box
The group entries dialog box enables you to choose entries to add to named groups and also to allocate a colour to each named group.
For more information about the Companion Edit menu, or any of the menus, please visit the Companion’s Product page. Alternatively, please consult the Companion’s on-line manual using the link below: